- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
SRI LANKA: OUT OF POVERTY
Sujithar is a widow who lives alone in a ramshackle house in the town of Muthur in Sri Lanka. During the nation's 20 year conflict, displacement and tsunami, Sujithar survived on what little she could grow on her small plot of land.
With UMCOR's help, Sujithar and others like her can learn new skills to work their way out of poverty. Sujithar participated in UMCOR's soybean project where she produced up to 500 kilos of soybeans.
Commission de la population et du développement
Commission on Population and Development