- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- ACT Alliance Rapid Response Fund/No.1 /2018: Zambia: Emergency Response to Storm and Flood affected Populations in Zambia
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 16th April 2018
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 9th April 2018
- All aboard for a new life in Zambia
- Zambian Families Make Way for Development
Prospects for the 2005 global cereal crop remain favourable. Latest production forecasts indicate a decline from the record output of 2004 but not as large as anticipated earlier.
FAO's first forecast of world cereal trade in the 2005/06 marketing season points to a slight decrease from the revised 2004/05 level, mainly due to lower wheat import demand.
Global cereal utilization is expected to increase somewhat in 2005/06, which coupled with the forecast decrease in production will result in a drawdown in global cereal stocks after a substantial build-up in 2004/05.