- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
What is CCCM? The common aim of the CCCM Cluster is to improve living conditions of displaced persons in humanitarian crises. The sector facilitates assistance and strengthens protection of the displaced and works with beneficiaries to attain durable solutions. Camp management is cross-cutting in nature and applies to all types of communal settings, including planned camps, collective centers, self-settled camps, reception or transit centers, and entails building relations with the host community.
Several Council Members Stress Importance
of Dealing With Root Causes of Hunger
Nairobi (dpa) - More than one million African refugees are at risk of starvation unless donors meet an urgent appeal for food aid, four humanitarian agencies said Monday.
International Rescue Committee, Jesuit Refugee Service, Refugees International and the U.S. Committee for Refugees said they are concerned that donors will fail to provide funding for hungry Africans because of the need posed by a potential war in Iraq.
Extracted from UMCOR Hotline 28 Feb 2003
Extracted from UMCOR Hotline 02 Aug 2002