- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Bulletin: Cholera/AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Update for 2018 (as of 18 January 2018)
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 2 February 2018
- The United Nations in Zambia, CDC and DFID commend government’s initiative of setting up an efficient cholera treatment hospital and for scaling up preventive interventions in the community
- Zambia: Agriculture Assessment Western Province, Zambia, August 2017
- Zambia says it is on verge of containing cholera outbreak
New York -- Meeting the Millennium Development Goals, particularly the most urgent one - to reduce the proportion of hungry people in the world by half by 2015 - requires not just shared vision and commitment but shared action on the ground.
In the first year of an exciting initiative funded mainly by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, 42,000 smallholder farmers all over the world have been involved in selling food to WFP through the 'Purchase For Progress' pilot programme.
BAMAKO -- Faso Jigi, a federation of farmers' associations in Mali, scored a first this year. Its 2,500 members were finally able to participate and win a tender to sell 600 metric tons (MT) of cereals to WFP.
"This year the sale was quick, they paid us promptly and we made a good profit.