- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 6 March 2018
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 18 February 2018
- Zambia is not a permanent home for Rwandan refugees, President Lungu says
- Zambia takes the keys away from 'drivers' of deforestation
- United Nations led partnership together with the Green Climate Fund to support nearly 1 million farmers in Zambia
During a recent trip to Ghana, we presented the baseline findings from an impact evaluation of the “LEAP 1000” cash transfer programme to UNICEF colleagues, government and development partners. LEAP 1000, an extension of Ghana’s Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty programme, targets households with young children. It is designed to improve the nutritional status of children in the first 1000 days of life.
ROME, 21 February 2008 (IRIN) - The lack of political will to invest in agriculture has affected the chances of halving poverty and hunger in Africa by 2015, according to a senior United Nations official.
"Investment in agriculture, more than other sectors, provides four times the returns," said Kanayo Nwanze, vice-president of the International Fund for Agricultural Development, a UN agency working to end rural poverty.
"There are some countries, like Ghana, which have made tremendous progress in the last seven years, and Uganda; we could have listed Kenya (prior to …
Update of Seasonal Outlooks at One-Month Lead: May-July 2005 Forecasts
Gulf of Guinea Region
The outlook for May-Jul 2005 Gulf of Guinea rainfall at one month lead shows a slight tilt in the odds favoring above average rainfall locally over southern Ghana and southwestern Nigeria. There is a slight tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall locally over southeastern Cote d'Ivoire.