- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
- Zambia is stepping up efforts for a climate-resilient future
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 27th May 2018
- Resilience in Zambia: Impact evaluation of the 'Citizen Participation in Adaptation to Climate Change' project
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 03rd June 2018
ROME, 21 February 2008 (IRIN) - The lack of political will to invest in agriculture has affected the chances of halving poverty and hunger in Africa by 2015, according to a senior United Nations official.
"Investment in agriculture, more than other sectors, provides four times the returns," said Kanayo Nwanze, vice-president of the International Fund for Agricultural Development, a UN agency working to end rural poverty.
"There are some countries, like Ghana, which have made tremendous progress in the last seven years, and Uganda; we could have listed Kenya (prior to …
Update of Seasonal Outlooks at One-Month Lead: May-July 2005 Forecasts
Gulf of Guinea Region
The outlook for May-Jul 2005 Gulf of Guinea rainfall at one month lead shows a slight tilt in the odds favoring above average rainfall locally over southern Ghana and southwestern Nigeria. There is a slight tilt in the odds favoring below normal rainfall locally over southeastern Cote d'Ivoire.