- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Most read (last 30 days)
- As 12,000+ Congolese flee to Zambia, aid funds dry to trickle
- Cost-benefit analysis for climate change adaptation in agriculture in Zambia
- Cholera – Zambia: Disease Outbreak News, 11 December 2017
- EIB broadens support for water infrastructure in Zambia
- Government assures the host community that no one will be displaced as Congolese are relocated to the new refugee settlement in Nchelenge
This report has a simple and urgent goal: to connect decision-makers and relevant actors with strategies that prevent and respond to violence in the lives of children.
New policies needed to promote agroforestry
Neglected sector is crucial to livelihoods and food security of millions
5 February, 2013, Rome - Millions of people could escape poverty, hunger and environmental degradation if countries put more effort into promoting agroforestry, an integrated approach combining trees with crop or livestock production, FAO said today.
1. Executive Summary
Sexual violence and the ICGLR
Scope and Objectives
The purpose of the Primer is to present a basic roadmap for integrating DRM into development planning and programming at different levels, based on best practices, lessons learned and experiences. It is expected that this document will not only provide useful guidance to the implementation of drought-focused projects, but also contribute to the growing body of knowledge on climate/drought risk adaptation in Africa and other regions.