- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNHCR Zambia: Operation Overview (as of 30 November 2018)
- UNCHR Zambia: Mantapala Refugee Settlement - Proportion of Shelters within Flood Areas - simplified as of 30 November 2018
- UNCHR Zambia: Mantapala Refugee Settlement - Proportion of Shelters within Flood Areas as of 30 November 2018
- UNCHR Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of the Congo - As of 30 November 2018
- UNCHR Zambia: Mantapala Refugee Settlement - Distance from School - As of 30 November 2018
Earthquake Intensity Zones in Africa
This map shows earthquake intensity zones in accordance with the 1956 version of the Modified Mercalli Scale (MM), describing the effects of an earthquake on the surface of the earth and integrating numerous parameters such as ground acceleration, duration of an earthquake, and subsoil effects. It also includes historical earthquake reports.
Note: Map production date estimated.
Funding Trends and Their Impact on Operations
As at 18 December 2007, WFP’s total needs to feed the 83 million people currently targeted for food assistance in 2007 are estimated to be over US$3.4 billion. As 2007 is coming to an end, country offices are now pre-positioning for 2008 requirements.
Sixty-second General Assembly
41st & 42nd Meetings (AM & PM)
Red Cross Cautions against Preferential Treatment For Displaced People over Other Categories of Victims
As the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) today concluded its review of the right of peoples to self-determination, this afternoon, acting without a vote, it approved a draft resolution, as orally amended, that would have the General Assembly designate an international year for human rights learning, commencing 10 December 2008.
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2007 Programme of Work
As the end of 2007 nears, the number of people the World Food Programme is seeking to support has risen to 83 million. The amount of food assistance required to assist these people is valued at US$3.4 billion. Considering resources mobilized thus far in 2007, the current level of funding falls short by some US$653 million.
Additional resources amounting to approximately US$800 million are required before the end of 2007 to ensure uninterrupted food aid deliveries for ongoing activities.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.