- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
WHAT IS EL NIÑO / LA NIÑA AND WHAT ARE THE IMPACTS?
• El Niño refers to a pattern of unusually warm water stretching across the surface of the Pacific Ocean. It typically occurs every 3-7 years.
• La Niña is characterized by lower-than-normal air pressure over the Western Pacific. These low-pressure zones can contribute to increased rainfall and flooding.
Rifat Atun, Angela Y Chang, Osondu Ogbuoji, Sachin Silva, Stephen Resch, Jan Hontelez, Till Bärnighausen
Objectives To estimate the present value of current and future funding needed for HIV treatment and prevention in 9 sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries that account for 70% of HIV burden in Africa under different scenarios of intervention scale-up. To analyse the gaps between current expenditures and funding obligation, and discuss the policy implications of future financing needs.