- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- WHO and CDC support the Ministry of Health to strengthen capacity for detection, investigation and response to Ebola Virus Disease in districts bordering the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Deported from Zambia, former Rwandan refugees choose to stay
- Paddling to school in Zambia
- WHO supports the immunization of 1 million people against cholera in Zambia
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak Lusaka - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRZM011)
GENEVA -- Donor governments on Tuesday pledged another $280 million towards UNHCR's worldwide programs for 2003, bringing the total promised contributions to date to a record $317 million. This amounts to nearly one- third of the refugee agency's 2003 total projected needs of more than $1 billion.
Kris Janowski - Media Relations
DURBAN, South Africa -- UN High Commissioner for Refugees Ruud Lubbers today called for the inclusion of refugees, returnees and host countries in Africa's new economic recovery plan, the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD).
GENEVA -- UNHCR is expanding sports programmes for children living in refugee camps around the world to a total of 16 countries by the end of this year. New projects will be funded by three of UNHCR's main sports donors and will focus mainly on Asia and Africa.