- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
- Zambia is stepping up efforts for a climate-resilient future
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 27th May 2018
- Resilience in Zambia: Impact evaluation of the 'Citizen Participation in Adaptation to Climate Change' project
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 03rd June 2018
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - The World Food Programme has refuted claims by the Zambian government that the UN agency recently supplied it with imported relief maize infected with a strange pest.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - The IMF plans to write off 152 million US dollars in Zambia's debt to Fund next year, within the framework of the debt relief initiative for highly indebted poor countries (HIPC), resident representative Mark Ellyne hinted Monday.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - Zambian President Levy Mwanawasa Monday appealed to COMESA (the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa) to influence cooperating partners to first procure food from within the COMESA region before turning to developed countries.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - Zambia, one of the Southern African countries in the grip of severe food shortage, should make an informed decision on genetically modified organisms (GMOs), a representative of the European Union said here Tuesday.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - Two Zambian juveniles in the famine stricken southern province reportedly killed and ate a dog while their mother was away looking for food.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - Cases of pellagra are surfacing among malnourished people in Zambia as a result of severe famine, nutrition experts in the country said Friday.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - China is to donate 4,500 metric tons of maize to alleviate famine in Zambia, which threatens about 13 million people in the southern African sub-region this year.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - The Zambian government has rushed 800 metric tons of corn flour to the southern district of Monze after politicians claimed that three persons in the area have starved to death, an official working with disaster management said Monday.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - The Zambian government has started withdrawing 6,884 tonnes of genetically modified foods which the World Food Programme recently supplied at six refugee camps in the country, the state-run Times of Zambia reported Monday.
Blantyre, Malawi (PANA) - The food shortage being experienced in the six southern African countries is directly and indirectly exacerbating the HIV/AIDS prevalence in the area, a recent Save the Children UK survey said.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - Kenya and Tanzania have offered Zambia undisclosed quantities of natural maize to replace the genetically modified (GM) grain from the US rejected by authorities in Lusaka last week.
Durban, South Africa (PANA) - The Organisation of African Unity (OAU) has granted 1.2 million US dollars to six Southern African countries whose people are facing starvation.
Cape Town, South Africa (PANA) - Food security is among issues on the agenda of the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) Council of Ministers meeting that opened Thursday in Gaborone, Botswana.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - The
new Zambian government of president Levy Mwanawasa was Wednesday grappling
with the volatile question of taking food to hungry Zambians at an affordable
Over the past six weeks urban Zambians have been at a loss finding the staple corn flour, which when available sells at a very high price of 65,000 kwacha (16 US dollars) a 25-kg bag.
Lusaka, Zambia (PANA) - Much of Zambia is currently at risk of food shortage as a result of a devastating drought, which has seen farmers re-plant fields at great cost with little hope of any meaningful yields.