- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
- Zambia is stepping up efforts for a climate-resilient future
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 27th May 2018
- Resilience in Zambia: Impact evaluation of the 'Citizen Participation in Adaptation to Climate Change' project
- Zambia: Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 03rd June 2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 70/300.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2030
The El Niño 2015-16 in the Context of Past El Niños
The 2015/16 El Niño Event
An El Niño event was officially declared in March 2015, gaining in intensity until it reached its peak in December 2015. The event came to an end in May 2016, becoming one the strongest on record, together with the El Niños of 1982-83 and 1997-98.
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 69/325.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2015
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
On estime que 15,8 millions de personnes sont désormais sous traitement contre le VIH, soit deux fois plus qu’il y a cinq ans, tandis que les pays adoptent la Stratégie d’accélération à l’aide de données permettant d’affiner la prestation des services de prévention et de traitement du VIH afin d’atteindre les personnes laissées pour compte
Countries adopt UNAIDS Fast-Track Strategy to double number of people on life-saving HIV treatment by 2020
An estimated 15.8 million people are now on HIV treatment, a doubling from five years ago, as countries adopt the UNAIDS Fast-Track Strategy using data to fine-tune delivery of HIV prevention and treatment services to reach people being left behind
This year, World Water Day (March 22) highlights the importance of international efforts to preserve and protect the world’s shared water resources.
The United Nations has declared 2013 the International Year of Water Cooperation. According to UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon: ‘Water is central to the well-being of people and the planet, we must work together to protect and carefully manage this fragile, finite resource.’
FIRST-EVER STUDY OF HIV TREATMENT POLICIES IN 23 COUNTRIES
MSF releases report SPEED UP SCALE-UP presenting policy ‘dashboard’
Highlights Countries in this issue: - International prices of wheat decreased for the third consecutive month but those of rice continue to increase.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
WHO ongoing support for the new CAP cycle. To help the preparation of the 2003 consolidated inter-agency appeals and on the invitation of UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, WHO Geneva sent facilitators to Burundi and Sierra Leone to conduct workshops on the consolidated inter-agency appeal process (CAP). WHO also co-facilitated a CAP workshop for the Great Lakes region.