- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read reports
- UNICEF Zambia Humanitarian Situation Report – Reporting Period January-June 2018
- Zambia: Population movement - Emergency Plan of Action Operation (MDRZM010)
- Zambia grants Temporal Residency permits to over 1,400 former Rwandan refugees
- Cholera – Zambia: Disease Outbreak News, 11 December 2017
- Government of Zambia and partners appeal for over US$74.2m to address critical needs of Congolese refugees
Fourth Special Report
On 2 June 2009 the International Development Committee published its Fourth Report of Session 2008-09, Aid Under Pressure: Support for Development Assistance in a Global Economic Downturn, HC 179-I. On 9 October 2009 we received the Government's Response to the Report. It is reproduced as an Appendix to this Special Report.
In the Government Response, the Committee's conclusions and recommendations are in bold text.
The developing world was not responsible for causing the current economic crisis, but it is paying a heavy price for mistakes made by rich countries. Poor countries are experiencing significantly reduced income from trade, remittances and foreign investment. As a result, an additional 90 million people are expected to be living in poverty by the end of 2010, and 400,000 more children are likely to die. Progress towards the Millennium Development Goal of eradicating hunger and extreme poverty has been set back three years.