- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- WHO supports the immunization of 1 million people against cholera in Zambia
- Zambia shuts down all schools to combat cholera outbreak
- CMMB Responds to the Cholera Outbreak in Lusaka, Zambia
- IOM Supports Construction of Protective Shelter for Vulnerable Migrants in Zambia
- Government of Zambia, UNHCR and partners start relocation of Congolese refugees to Mantapala settlement
LUANDA, Oct 2, 2007 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Over 400,000 Angolan refugees living in the neighboring countries have returned home since the civil war ended in 2002 in the country, Angola's official news agency ANGOP reported on Tuesday.
Angola's Social Welfare Minister Joao Baptista Kussumua was quoted as saying that these former refugees are now leading a normal life through the government's program aimed at rebuilding their lives.
HARARE, Aug 27, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Meeting of health ministers from the southern African countries ended here on Tuesday afternoon, during which they examined the response of the health sector to the acute and large-scale humanitarian crisis facing the region.
The ministers demanded scientific assurance that genetically modified food is safe for human consumption.
Some 13 million people in southern Africa are in need of urgent food aid.