- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak Lusaka - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRZM011)
- Zambia Price Bulletin, June 2018
- WFP Zambia Country Brief, May 2018
- Statement by the UNHCR Representative, Ms. Pierrine Aylara, on the Occasion of the Commemoration of World Refugee Day, 20th June, 2018
- DFID Zambia Profile: July 2018
LUANDA, Oct 2, 2007 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Over 400,000 Angolan refugees living in the neighboring countries have returned home since the civil war ended in 2002 in the country, Angola's official news agency ANGOP reported on Tuesday.
Angola's Social Welfare Minister Joao Baptista Kussumua was quoted as saying that these former refugees are now leading a normal life through the government's program aimed at rebuilding their lives.
HARARE, Aug 27, 2002 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Meeting of health ministers from the southern African countries ended here on Tuesday afternoon, during which they examined the response of the health sector to the acute and large-scale humanitarian crisis facing the region.
The ministers demanded scientific assurance that genetically modified food is safe for human consumption.
Some 13 million people in southern Africa are in need of urgent food aid.