- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
El Niño threatens at least 60 million people in high-risk developing countries, WHO says
Geneva, 22 January 2016—The World Health Organization (WHO) and its partners predict a major global increase in health consequences of emergencies this year due to El Niño.
4 October 2005, Johannesburg - South Africa will donate 140 million rand ($21.5 million) to FAO and the World Food Programme (WFP) to support the agencies' operations in southern Africa, FAO/WFP announced today.
The donation is the third major contribution from South Africa to the UN agencies since 2003 and comes at a critical time in the gearing up phase of programmes ahead of the region's lean season, which starts as early as November in some countries.
FAO will receive 98 million rand ($15 million) for agricultural and livestock inputs, and WFP will get 35 million rand …