- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
9 April 2013 – The international community is losing vast amounts of agricultural production due to the effects of continuing land degradation such as desertification, a new United Nations study has warned, adding that without sustainable land management, development initiatives the world over will be stymied.
Above normal rainfall is expected for the remainder of the season.
Dry conditions in late 2012 have led to late planting, raising concerns that agricultural production could be negatively impacted.
Localized storm damage has been reported in Malawi, Angola, Zambia and Mozambique.
A Cholera outbreak has hit Zambia.
Madagascar has declared an emergency to address the locust invasion threatening food security in the south.