- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- WHO supports the immunization of 1 million people against cholera in Zambia
- Zambia shuts down all schools to combat cholera outbreak
- CMMB Responds to the Cholera Outbreak in Lusaka, Zambia
- IOM Supports Construction of Protective Shelter for Vulnerable Migrants in Zambia
- Zambia president orders military to help fight cholera spread
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
BY DR. TOMAZ AUGUSTO SALOMÃO
OF THE COMESA-EAC-SADC TRIPARTITE
SIGNING OF THE COMESA-EAC-SADC TRIPARTITE AGREEMENT
FOR THE JOINT IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAMME ON
CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION AND MITIGATION IN
EASTERN AND SOUTHERN AFRICA
16 TH JULY 2012, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
OSLO, Norway - The United States and Norway are working to improve maternal and child health in Africa. In the Norwegian capital, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pledged $75 million in U.S. support.
Secretary Clinton says the "Saving Mothers, Giving Life" initiative aims to reduce maternal mortality at a time when the World Health Organization says 800 women die in childbirth each day.