- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- ACT Alliance Rapid Response Fund/No.1 /2018: Zambia: Emergency Response to Storm and Flood affected Populations in Zambia
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 16th April 2018
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 9th April 2018
- All aboard for a new life in Zambia
- Zambian Families Make Way for Development
What lessons can we draw from Bangladesh and other refugee-hosting countries on how to leverage change to policies, laws and practices applied to refugees? In what situations have we seen drastic shifts towards more protective legal and policy frameworks? What endogenous and exogenous factors and incentives have contributed to those shifts and what were the associated risks?
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
To mark the 60th anniversary of the UN Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, this special issue of Disasters features a selection of the most relevant and original articles about refugee and displacement issues published by the journal over the past 35 years.
These articles provide a rich source of informed thinking on humanitarian responses to the needs of populations fleeing persecution, war and disaster, with much to contribute to our understanding of refugee and displacement crises past, present and future.