- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2007
Most read (last 30 days)
- Cost-benefit analysis for climate change adaptation in agriculture in Zambia
- Conservation Agriculture: Zambia’s Double-edged Sword against Climate Change and Hunger
- Zambian President calls on international community to scale-up assistance to Congolese refugees
- Zambia: Vulnerability Assessment Committee Results 2017
- WHO calls for strengthening of laboratory systems in efforts to fulfill their important role in the fight against infectious and chronic diseases
Authors: Steve Wiggins, Julia Compton and Sharada Keats
The issue of rising food prices came to international attention in early 2008. This document answers the following questions about the crisis and responses to it:
- What has happened to food prices and why?
- Why are food prices important & where can we find them?
- How have countries and the international community responded?
- The future