- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- GIEWS Country Brief Zambia 12-December-2018
- Climate-proofing livelihoods: Alternative agricultural approaches in Zambia
- WHO supports the immunization of 1 million people against cholera in Zambia
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak Lusaka - Emergency Plan of Action Final Report (MDRZM011)
- Cholera – Zambia: Disease Outbreak News, 11 December 2017
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The quest of the last 15 years to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) taught us that Global Goals can motivate and help sustain leaps in human progress. It also taught us that the specifics matter. In some places, the MDGs became a widely-recognized, consistent and important driver of local progress; in others, the role and impact of the MDGs was more ambiguous. A lot depended on way the MDGs were implemented: if local change agents made them meaningful locally; if local leaders drew on their legitimacy and visibility; if they were employed to solve real-life problems etc.
The El Niño 2015-16 in the Context of Past El Niños
The 2015/16 El Niño Event
An El Niño event was officially declared in March 2015, gaining in intensity until it reached its peak in December 2015. The event came to an end in May 2016, becoming one the strongest on record, together with the El Niños of 1982-83 and 1997-98.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.