- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- ACT Alliance Rapid Response Fund/No.1 /2018: Zambia: Emergency Response to Storm and Flood affected Populations in Zambia
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 16th April 2018
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 9th April 2018
- All aboard for a new life in Zambia
- Zambian Families Make Way for Development
Vienna, Austria, March 14, 2017. Over 15 partner countries stand to benefit from the latest round of financing, totaling nearly US$190m, which was approved at the 158th Session of the Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID). The public sector loans, which total US$106m, will support the following projects/programs:
By Daan Bauwens
BRUSSELS, May 14, 2012 (IPS) - In an unprecedented move, all 27 EU development ministers championed budget support Monday as an effective way of reducing poverty in developing countries. At the same time they gave the green light to a new ground-breaking initiative to prevent new humanitarian crises in the Horn of Africa.
JOHANNESBURG, 15 April 2012 (PlusNews) - Grantees of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria who allegedly committed fraud or misused funds unwittingly did a lot of damage to the Fund – and, many say, global health - as donors withdrew and the beleaguered organization faced a "crisis of confidence" in recent years. But the Fund has responded and is undergoing an extensive restructuring process. IRIN/PlusNews takes a look at some of the alleged fraudsters and the progress of the investigations.
2009 - Mali
Ottawa (Ontario) ― Dans le cadre des efforts déployés par le Canada à l'échelle internationale pour aider les pays en développement à s'adapter aux répercussions des changements climatiques, l'honorable Beverley J. Oda, ministre de la Coopération internationale, et l'honorable Peter Kent, ministre de l'Environnement, ont lancé aujourd'hui le Fonds canadien pour la résilience climatique en Afrique.
February 13, 2012
Ottawa ― Today, as part of Canada's international efforts to help developing countries adapt to the impacts of a changing climate, the Honourable Beverley J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, and the Honourable Peter Kent, Minister of the Environment, launched the Canada Fund for African Climate Resilience.
LONDON, 18 November 2011 (IRIN) - It will take two centuries for sub-Saharan Africa to meet the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) to reduce by half the proportion of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation, according to NGO WaterAid, which calls on national leaders to commit 3.5 percent of their annual budget to the sector. [http://www.wateraid.org/ ]