- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 6 March 2018
- Bulletin: Cholera and AWD Outbreaks in Eastern and Southern Africa, Regional Update for 2018 - as of 18 February 2018
- Zambia is not a permanent home for Rwandan refugees, President Lungu says
- Zambia takes the keys away from 'drivers' of deforestation
- United Nations led partnership together with the Green Climate Fund to support nearly 1 million farmers in Zambia
By Daan Bauwens
BRUSSELS, May 14, 2012 (IPS) - In an unprecedented move, all 27 EU development ministers championed budget support Monday as an effective way of reducing poverty in developing countries. At the same time they gave the green light to a new ground-breaking initiative to prevent new humanitarian crises in the Horn of Africa.
By Thalif Deen
STOCKHOLM, Aug 21 (IPS) - The widespread water scarcity in the African continent, impacting on the lives of nearly 300 million people, may be aggravated further by several new threats, including climate change, transboundary disputes and the negative fallout from military conflicts.
Par Granstedt, general secretary of the Association of European Parliamentarians for Africa (AWEPA), points out that the African continent has contributed least to the emissions causing climate change, but is hardest hit by their effects.
"We need to develop common strategies to …