- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2017
- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Zambia: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2016
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Zambia: Floods - Jan 2013
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
- Southern Africa: Floods - Mar 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Southern Africa: Floods - Dec 2008
Most read (last 30 days)
- ACT Alliance Alert: Floods Emergency in Zambia
- ACT Alliance Rapid Response Fund/No.1 /2018: Zambia: Emergency Response to Storm and Flood affected Populations in Zambia
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 16th April 2018
- Zambia Refugees and Asylum Seekers from Democratic Republic of Congo in Zambia (Countrywide) 9th April 2018
- All aboard for a new life in Zambia
Item 65 (a) of the provisional agenda
New Partnership for Africa's Development:
Utilisation de biopesticides sur une vaste échelle
24 juin 2009, Rome - Une campagne internationale d'urgence face au criquet nomade menée en Afrique de l'Est et méridionale est parvenue à éviter un drame dû à une recrudescence massive de criquets en Tanzanie, annonce aujourd'hui la FAO.
More than 30 million people in need of food aid
While members of the G8 gather today in Scotland to discuss whether or not to help Africa, 3.6 million people in Niger are walking the slow road to starvation. The worst locust infestation in 15 years decimated crops through west and central Africa, and a worsening drought has withered any remaining harvest.
This is the Africa being discussed at this week's conference, where drought and food shortages are problems that many Africans face every day.
James T. Morris, Executive Director, World Food Programme
ROME -- President Olusegun Obasanjo of Nigeria and the Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), James Morris, today called for greater efforts to eradicate child hunger and malnutrition in Africa, ahead of next month's summit of the G8 leading industrialised countries in Scotland.
President Obasanjo, who was in Rome for discussions with Morris and to address WFP's governing Executive Board, said Nigeria was working with WFP and other agencies to give agriculture and food security pride of place.
ROME - The United Nations World Food Programme today officially launched the Africa Hunger Alert campaign, aimed at drawing international attention to the unprecedented hunger crisis gripping the African continent where 38 million people face starvation.