- UNHCR Yemen Fact Sheet, September 2017
- FEWS NET Yemen Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017 Interactive HNO site
- 2017 Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (Jan 2017) Interactive HRP site
- Yemen Periodic Monitoring Review, Jan - Apr 2017
- FAO Yemen Emergency Livelihoods Response Plan: Support to agriculture-based livelihoods in Yemen, 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Yemen
- **Yemen: Joint Cholera Response Plan - July 2017*
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- UNHCR Yemen Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan data portal
- IDMC (Internally Displacement Monitoring Centre)
- Human Rights Watch World Report 2017: Yemen Country Chapter
- Yemen Spatial Food Security Monitoring Tool
- UN: Geneva Consultations on Yemen
- Food Security Cluster: Yemen
- Logistics Cluster: Yemen
- Yemen: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Yemen: Flash Floods - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Yemen: Dengue Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Yemen: Floods - Aug 2013
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Yemen: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2012
- Yemen: Floods - Jul 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
• Health agencies record nearly 772,000 suspected cholera cases and 2,132 related deaths as of September 30
• Approximately 1.5 million civil servants have not received consistent salary payments since September 2016
• Bureaucratic obstructions, insecurity, and lack of humanitarian access continue to constrain response efforts
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MONTH
Yemen enters the third year of armed conflict with no clear end in sight. The result ofthe crisis has left some 15 million people lacking adequate access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene, and health services; seven million people are faced with the threat of famine; further exacerbated by the largest singleyear cholera outbreak ever recorded.
SHABWA, 15th October, 2017 (WAM) -- The Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, today began distributing a shipment of 108 tonnes of therapeutic medicines and medical supplies from the UAE to hospitals and health centres in Ataq, the capital city of Shabwa Governorate.
In August 2017, the financial requirements of the Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan were revised from US$ 2.1 billion to US$ 2.3 billion following the inclusion of the integrated cholera response plan. Humanitarian partners continued to reach people with aid and a record seven million people across the country was provided with food assistance during the month of August 2017. As of 16 October the YHRP is 55.5 per cent funded.
RIYADH, Oct 9 (KUNA) -- The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSRelief) Supervisor General Dr. Samer Al-Jelati announced that the center has successful treated 740,000 out of the 750,000 cholera-infected Yemenis.
The patients have recovered and the remaining 10,000 are receiving treatment now, Al-Jelati told reporters in a press conference held in Riyadh Monday about the center's activities in Yemen.
With number of people in need of assistance at a record high more funding will be required
(New York 9 October 2017): Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Mark Lowcock today announced that the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) has reached its 2017 funding target of US$450 million, following an additional commitment of SEK 50 million ($6 million) from Sweden.
El acuerdo fue firmado en el Palacio de las Naciones en Ginebra por el Alto Comisionado de la ONU para los Refugiados y el Presidente de Qatar Charity.
GINEBRA, Suiza, 03 de octubre de 2017 (ACNUR) – Esta mañana, ACNUR, la Agencia de la ONU para los Refugiados, y Qatar Charity (QC) firmaron un acuerdo de cooperación que busca apoyar las actividades de protección y asistencia de las personas refugiadas y desplazadas en todo el mundo.
SANA’A – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a US$1 million contribution from the Government of Japan to provide much-needed food and nutrition assistance in Yemen over the coming months. With these funds, WFP will be able to assist more than 130,000 people, including some 47,000 nursing mothers and pregnant women in areas hardest hit by cholera.
Situation Overview and Needs: Health Cluster partners identified 14.8 million people in need of health assistance in the 2017 HNO. In light of access and security constraints, the 2017 Health Cluster response plan targets 10.4 million people in 2017, including the 8.8 million people identified as facing acute health needs in the HNO.
79.8 M required for 2017
46.1 M contributions received, representing 58% of requirements
33.7 M funding gap for the Yemen Situation
All figures are displayed in USD
World Bank grant will immediately assist 630,000 people and strengthen the resilience of rural communities
3 October 2017: Cairo/Rome - The World Bank and FAO have launched a $36 million project aimed at providing immediate assistance to over 630,000 poor and food-insecure people in Yemen - more than 30 percent of whom are women - as well as increasing longer term agricultural resilience in the conflict-ridden country.
GENEVA – This morning, UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, and Qatar Charity (QC) signed a cooperation agreement aimed at supporting UNHCR protection and assistance activities for refugees and displaced persons globally.
The agreement was signed at the Palais des Nations in Geneva in a ceremony attended by Filippo Grandi, UN High Commissioner for Refugees, and H.E. Sheikh Hamad bin Nasser bin Jassim Al Thani, Chairman of Qatar Charity.
2016 Winterization Cash Support for Syrian Refugees
39,024 Syrian refugee families supported
$21 million USD distributed in 2016
19% First time receiving cash assistance
Selon le chef du HCR, la communauté internationale abandonne des millions de réfugiés et de personnes déplacées internes à leur sort.
Par Jonathan Clayton
GENÈVE - Appelant à des efforts internationaux renouvelés pour prévenir et résoudre les conflits, le chef du HCR Filippo Grandi a déclaré aujourd’hui que la communauté internationale abandonnait des millions de réfugiés et de personnes déplacées internes à leur sort. Par ailleurs, il a exhorté un « monde en mutation rapide » à adopter une nouvelle approche en matière de protection et de solutions durables.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
A year ago, States gathered in New York to reaffirm the fundamental values of solidarity and protection for people forced into exile.
They agreed to share responsibility for embedding them in practical action.
And they decided to address and resolve refugee flows through a new model that places the rights, interests and potential of refugees and of their hosts at the heart of a comprehensive response.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Realising this ambition has never been more urgent.
CERF enables fast, flexible and needs-based support for people affected by humanitarian emergencies. The UN General Assembly established the fund in 2005 to provide timely assistance in crises. Since its operational launch in 2006, CERF has developed a reputation for its ability to kick-start humanitarian action, scale up the response to emergencies and serve as a lifeline for people struggling to survive in the world’s most underfunded crises.