- UNHCR Yemen Fact Sheet, September 2017
- FEWS NET Yemen Key Message Update, September 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017 Interactive HNO site
- 2017 Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (Jan 2017) Interactive HRP site
- Yemen Periodic Monitoring Review, Jan - Apr 2017
- FAO Yemen Emergency Livelihoods Response Plan: Support to agriculture-based livelihoods in Yemen, 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Yemen
- **Yemen: Joint Cholera Response Plan - July 2017*
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- UNHCR Yemen Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan data portal
- IDMC (Internally Displacement Monitoring Centre)
- Human Rights Watch World Report 2017: Yemen Country Chapter
- Yemen Spatial Food Security Monitoring Tool
- UN: Geneva Consultations on Yemen
- Food Security Cluster: Yemen
- Logistics Cluster: Yemen
- Yemen: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Yemen: Flash Floods - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Yemen: Dengue Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Yemen: Floods - Aug 2013
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Yemen: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2012
- Yemen: Floods - Jul 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Current Major Event
Emerging and Dangerous Pathogens Laboratory Network in WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region
The WHO's Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean (EMRO) has progressed towards establishing an Emerging and Dangerous Pathogens Laboratory Network (EDPLN). The main purpose of the network is to enhance laboratory diagnostic capacity of Regional laboratories and to timely respond to health emergencies in the Region.
This report is a comprehensive presentation of all data on migration gathered through IOM’s DTM programme for July-August.
CERF enables fast, flexible and needs-based support for people affected by humanitarian emergencies. The UN General Assembly established the fund in 2005 to provide timely assistance in crises. Since its operational launch in 2006, CERF has developed a reputation for its ability to kick-start humanitarian action, scale up the response to emergencies and serve as a lifeline for people struggling to survive in the world’s most underfunded crises.
by Parastou Hassouri | published September 12, 2017
Jusqu’à trois quarts des enfants et des jeunes victimes de mauvais traitements, de traite et d’exploitation sur les routes migratoires de la mer Méditerranée – UNICEF, OIM
Les enfants d’Afrique subsaharienne sont davantage touchés que les autres groupes de migrants, une différence a priori liée à la discrimination et au racisme
Le rapport appelle l’Europe à ouvrir des voies de migration sécurisées et légales
Young migrants and refugees set out to escape harm or secure better futures – and face staggering risks in the process. For 17-year old Mohammad, who traveled through Libya to seek asylum in Italy, violence and persecution back home meant the choice was clear: “We risked our lives to come here,” he says, “we crossed a sea. We knew it is not safe, so we sacrificed. We do it, or we die.”
Current major event
Dengue fever in Pakistan
The Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination in Pakistan has recently reported a high number of dengue fever cases in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK). A total of 1,279 laboratory confirmed cases were reported during the months of July and August 2017.
Current major event
Meningitis in Yemen
The suspected bacterial meningitis cases continue to be monitored. From 01 January to 06 August 2017 (Epidemiological week 31), a total of 2,467 clinically diagnosed cases including 37 related deaths (Case fatality ratio- 1.5%) were reported through the Electronic Disease Early Warning System (eDEWS) in Yemen.
Heavy rainfall in the western Gulf of Guinea triggers flooding and damages to infrastructure
Africa Weather Hazards
Above-normal rainfall since July has elevated the risk for flooding in southeastern Sudan and parts of western Ethiopia. Heavy rainfall is forecast for mid to late August.
Despite increased moisture in early August, poorly distributed rainfall across parts of Eritrea, Ethiopia,
Djibouti, and western Somalia since early July have led to high seasonal moisture deficits.
Despite heavy rains in other parts of East Africa, dryness remains in northern Ethiopia and Eritrea
Africa Weather Hazards
Several weeks of above-normal rainfall has led to saturated ground conditions and increased the risk of flooding in Ethiopia, Sudan, and South Sudan. Heavy rainfall is forecast over the region during early August.