- OCHA Yemen Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 27 | 20 September 2017
- Yemen: UNHCR Operational Update, 1 - 31 August 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017 Interactive HNO site
- 2017 Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (Jan 2017) Interactive HRP site
- Yemen Periodic Monitoring Review, Jan - Apr 2017
- FAO Yemen Emergency Livelihoods Response Plan: Support to agriculture-based livelihoods in Yemen, 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Yemen
- **Yemen: Joint Cholera Response Plan - July 2017*
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- UNHCR Yemen Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan data portal
- IDMC (Internally Displacement Monitoring Centre)
- Human Rights Watch World Report 2017: Yemen Country Chapter
- Yemen Spatial Food Security Monitoring Tool
- UN: Geneva Consultations on Yemen
- Food Security Cluster: Yemen
- Logistics Cluster: Yemen
- Yemen: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Yemen: Flash Floods - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Yemen: Dengue Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Yemen: Floods - Aug 2013
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Yemen: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2012
- Yemen: Floods - Jul 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
World hunger is estimated to be on the rise again as conflict and human-induced disasters as well as natural disasters are contributing to setbacks in food security. This year’s The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World (SOFI) warns that the long-term declining trend in undernourishment seems to have come to a halt and may have reversed. Meanwhile, though progress continues to be made in reducing child malnutrition, millions of children are still stunted and wasted, and rising overweight and obesity are a concern in most parts of the world.
1. Le présent rapport, qui couvre la période allant d’août 2015 à juillet 2017, est soumis en application de la résolution 70/80 de l’Assemblée générale, dans laquelle l’Assemblée a prié le Secrétaire général de lui présenter un rapport sur l’application de cette résolution, y compris sur les politiques adoptées et les activités menées par le système des Nations Unies dans ce domaine.
1. The present report, covering the period from August 2015 to July 2017, is submitted pursuant to General Assembly resolution 70/80, in which the Assembly requested the Secretary-General to report on the implementation of that resolution, including on relevant United Nations policies and activities.
La réforme des opérations de maintien de la paix, la coopération des Nations Unies avec l’Union africaine et les menaces posées par les actes terroristes, notamment sur la sécurité aérienne, seront au menu des travaux du Conseil de sécurité pour le mois de septembre, a annoncé devant la presse, cet après-midi, le Représentant permanent de l’Éthiopie, M. Tekeda Alemu, dont le pays préside, ce mois-ci, l’organe chargé du maintien de la paix et de la sécurité internationales.
Ethiopia has the presidency in September. A visiting mission to Addis Ababa is planned in early September for the 11th annual consultative meeting between members of the UN Security Council and members of the AU Peace and Security Council (PSC). Immediately after the visit there will be a briefing on the visiting mission. A briefing on the report of the Secretary-General on strengthening the partnership between the UN and the AU by UN Special Representative to the AU Haile Menkerios is also expected in September.
Progress Achieved to Protect Children in Past 20-Years Threaten by Ongoing Crisis - UN Special Representative for Children and Armed Conflict Annual Report to General Assembly
Attacks on Schools and Denial of Humanitarian Access Particularly Worrisome in 2016
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the members of the General Assembly the joint report of the Special Rapporteur on the sale and sexual exploitation of children, including child prostitution, child pornography and other child sexual abuse material, Maud de Boer-Buquicchio, and the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Maria Grazia Giammarinaro, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 71/177 and Human Rights Council resolutions 34/16 and 35/5.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
On 3 July, the 1591 Sudan Sanctions Committee met to discuss the report of the chair, Ambassador Volodymyr Yelchenko (Ukraine), on his 14 to 18 May 2017 visit to Sudan (SC/12903). Yelchenko briefed Council members in consultations on the work of the committee on 24 July.
Children and Armed Conflict
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
Project Overview and Management
FCO launches its Annual Human Rights report for 2016
Annual Report on Human Rights and Democracy puts human rights centre stage of foreign policy.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has published its 2016 Annual Human Rights Report. The report covers the period from January to December 2016 and for the first time includes a dedicated section on modern slavery - a key UK Government priority.
NRC in 2016: our year in review
We assisted millions in 2016. It wasn’t easy.
The numbers were bleak. Nearly 66 million people were on the move, fleeing conflict and disaster. But we persevered.
In 2016, displacement figures topped the charts yet again. As the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) scaled up, our 2016 annual report details, we supported more than six million people throughout the year – improving 2015 achievements by nearly 27 per cent.
A balancing act