Appeals & Response Plans
- Yemen: Diphtheria Outbreak - Nov 2017
- Yemen: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Yemen: Flash Floods - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Yemen: Dengue Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Yemen: Floods - Aug 2013
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Yemen: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2012
- Yemen: Floods - Jul 2010
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Statement on Behalf of the Humanitarian Coordinator for Yemen, Jamie McGoldrick, on Mounting Civilian Casualties (28 December 2017)
- Yemen being pushed ever closer to famine: 1,000 days of war and a crippling blockade is starving its people [EN/AR]
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Mark Lowcock – Statement on the humanitarian situation in Yemen, 5 January 2018 [EN/AR]
- UNICEF Yemen Humanitarian Situation Report (November 2017) [EN/AR]
- Statement by the Humanitarian Coordinator for Yemen, Jamie McGoldrick, on the vital importance of keeping Yemen's entry points open, 11 January 2018 [EN/AR]
By John Telford and John Cosgrave
Contributing author: Rachel Houghton
A major independent evaluation published today calls for a fairer system of funding emergencies so that all those affected can escape suffering and death and rebuild their lives. This is essential given the rise in natural disasters the world is facing.
SANAA, 11 July 2007 (IRIN) - The Yemeni authorities have sent teams to combat desert locusts in southern Yemen after UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) eradication operations failed to start as scheduled on 28 June.
Officials at Yemen's Desert Locust Control Centre (DLCC) are worried the locusts are increasing in number and, if not controlled, could damage crops.