- Statement by the humanitarian community on the blockade in Yemen [EN/AR], 16 Nov 2017
- OCHA: Yemen: Impact of the closure of seaports and airports on the humanitarian situation - Situation Update 2 | 16 Nov 2017
- UN leaders appeal for immediate lifting of humanitarian blockade in Yemen – lives of millions are at risk, 16 Nov 2017
- RW Topic: Fighting Famine in Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017 Interactive HNO site
- 2017 Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (Jan 2017) Interactive HRP site
- Yemen Periodic Monitoring Review, Jan - Apr 2017
- FAO Yemen Emergency Livelihoods Response Plan: Support to agriculture-based livelihoods in Yemen, 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Yemen
- **Yemen: Joint Cholera Response Plan - July 2017*
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- UNHCR Global Focus
- UNHCR Yemen Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan data portal
- IDMC (Internally Displacement Monitoring Centre)
- Human Rights Watch World Report 2017: Yemen Country Chapter
- Yemen Spatial Food Security Monitoring Tool
- UN: Geneva Consultations on Yemen
- Food Security Cluster: Yemen
- Logistics Cluster: Yemen
- Yemen: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Yemen: Flash Floods - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Yemen: Dengue Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Yemen: Floods - Aug 2013
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Yemen: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2012
- Yemen: Floods - Jul 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
Trump Administration Should Publish Policy, Strengthen Protections
(Washington, DC) – US President Donald Trump’s reported rule changes for targeting terrorism suspects increase the risk of drone strikes killing civilians, Human Rights Watch said today. The Trump administration should immediately publish its new policy on targeted killings outside conventional battlefields and strengthen protection for civilians.
Medics and a Yemeni health official say at least 26 people have died in an airstrike in northwestern Yemen.
The airstrike Wednesday hit a hotel and neighboring market in Saada province, which is located near the border with Saudi Arabia.
Houthi rebels, who took control of Yemen's capital three years ago, blamed a Saudi-led coalition for conducting the airstrike.
Rights groups have accused the coalition of bombing civilian areas since launching its operation in support of Yemen's internationally recognized government in March 2015.
SHABWA, Yemen, 1st November, 2017 (WAM) -- The Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, today launched an operation to distribute 5,000 food baskets to vulnerable and underprivileged families in the Merkhah As Sufla District of Shabwa Governorate in Yemen.
Mohammed Saif Al Muhairi, Head of the ERC Team in Shabwa, said that thousands of families will benefit from the aid, adding that the ERC aims to improve the lives of local people by providing them with their immediate needs, including humanitarian, relief and development assistance.
Protection des personnels de santé et personnels humanitaires dans les conflits*
C’est pour moi un honneur de prendre la parole devant vous ce matin, et je remercie la France d’avoir organisé cette réunion importante.
Depuis la dernière fois que je me suis adressé au Conseil sur ce sujet, les attaques brutales contre les blessés et les malades, les personnels de santé, les ambulances et les installations médicales se sont poursuivies sans relâche.
HADRAMAUT, 31st October, 2017 (WAM) - The Emirates Red Crescent, ERC, has delivered a submersible pump for the Rudud water project in Wadi Hadramaut, which will provide water supply to over 5,000 people.
The aid is part of the assistance provided by the UAE to ease the burden of the people in the liberated areas of Yemen.
RIYADH, 31st October, 2017 (WAM) -- King Salman Center for Relief and Humanitarian Aid has signed an agreement with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) for Emergency Care and Health Activities in Yemen, which will benefit 3,430,000 people, in implementation of the directives of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
CONSEIL DE SÉCURITÉ
8082E SÉANCE – MATIN