OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- Aid agencies ramp up efforts to contain COVID-19, as UN warns of possible surge in cases
- Humanitarians respond to widespread devastation caused by torrential rains and flooding
- Over 5 million children face the threat of cholera
- Civilian casualties increase from 467 to 506 in the first quarter of 2020
- Partners scale up aid and COVID-19 preparedness to over a million people in displacement sites
We are increasingly alarmed about the situation in Yemen. COVID-19 is spreading rapidly across the country already experiencing the world’s largest humanitarian crisis, driven by an unabated...
WHO: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Nations WHAT: High-level, virtual pledging event for the humanitarian crisis in Yemen. WHEN: 2 June 2020 at 9 a.m. ET / 3 p.m. CET / 4 p.m. Riyadh**. **A...
AMMAN/ CAIRO, 27 MAY 2020 “Governments and partners across the Middle East and North Africa Region (MENA) are working around the clock to protect communities from the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)...