Most read reports
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Central Emergency Response Fund ‘Most Profitable Investment You Can Make for the Good of Humankind’, Secretary-General Tells Pledging Conference
- The humanitarian metadata problem: ‘Doing no harm’ in the digital era (October 2018)
Senior Vice-President, Corporate Affairs, Cisco
More than 700,000 people died as a result of disasters between the years 2005 and 2014. In 2017, the American Red Cross delivered more relief support than it had in the previous four years combined, responding to 242 significant disasters in the US alone.