Most read reports
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Reaching those furthest behind
By MATTHEW BRUNWASSERAUG. 25, 2015
BELGRADE, Serbia — The tens of thousands of migrants who have flooded into the Balkans in recent weeks need food, water and shelter, just like the millions displaced by war the world over. But there is also one other thing they swear they cannot live without: a smartphone charging station.
By SOMINI SENGUPTAJULY 2, 2014
GOMA, Democratic Republic of Congo — The call came after 8 in the evening, from peacekeepers posted in a remote corner of the country’s restive east. The troops sensed suspicious movement nearby. Venturing out into the forest at that hour was far too risky. Would ground control send a drone to have a look?
Read the story on the New York Times
SERRAVAL, France — At a school in a rundown suburb of Dakar, Senegal, the students had nowhere to go to the bathroom. The boys urinated against the outside walls, the girls headed behind the building. There was no way for any of them to wash their hands.
Read the full article on the New York Times.