Most read reports
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- UNHCR donors commit a record US$926 million in initial pledges for refugees, internally displaced and stateless people in 2019
- Reaching those furthest behind
Information is a lifeline to those in the midst of difficult and confusing journeys.
Andrea Panico isn’t getting much sleep. He takes my call at 9.30pm and he still has a long night ahead of him. By day, the We World team leader in Ventimiglia, Italy is attending a crisis management course and most nights he is out in the streets of the town from late at night until the early hours of the morning – talking to refugees and migrants.
Erin Taylor 267.250.8829 (M)
Nineteen European countries will provide 291 border guards to Frontex to be immediately deployed to Greece and Italy. These officers will work in hotspots to help identify and register incoming irregular migrants.
On October 2, Frontex requested 775 border guards from EU Member States and Schengen Associated Countries, in large part to assist Greece and Italy in handling the record numbers of migrants at their borders.