Most read reports
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- WFP participation at Global Child Nutrition Forum event: The world’s largest conference on school feeding
- Global Child Nutrition Forum celebrates 20th edition in Tunisia
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
The European Emergency Response Capacity is commonly referred to as the "voluntary pool". It consists of a range of emergency response capacities that countries participating in the EU Civil Protection Mechanism make available for EU emergency response operations.
European Red Cross Societies are working with the ICRC to find missing family members, restore contact and reunite families.
As hundreds of thousands of refugees and migrants pass through several European countries, often very rapidly, the Red Cross Societies have deployed staff and volunteers to border crossings, railway stations and other locations where migrants and refugees pass through or are accommodated.
Mexico - Tropical Cyclone BLANCA
• On 5 June, at 9.00 UTC, BLANCA was a Category 2 Hurricane and its centre was located 53km south-west of the closest point along the Mexican coast. Over the next 48h, it is forecast to continue moving north-west. Its intensity will initially increase slightly, but it is expected to start weakening late on 6 June. BLANCA may approach Baja California Sur on 8 June, possibly weakened into a Tropical Storm.
• As of 5 June, NOAA has issued no coastal Warnings or Watches.
The aim of the “cluster” approach is to strengthen partnerships and ensure more predictability and accountability in international responses to humanitarian emergencies, by clarifying the division of labour among organisations, and better defining their roles and responsibilities within the key sectors of the response.
Cluster leads are responsible for ensuring response capacity is in place and that assessment, planning and response activities are carried out in collaboration with partners and in accordance with agreed standards and guidelines.