Most read reports
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
Appears as a chapter in Communicating
Disasters: An Asia Pacific Resource Book, Gunawardene, Nalaka and Noronha,
Frederick (Editors) 160 pages; 17.3 cm x 24.4 cm; 19 chapters + 7 appendices
This book (Edited by Nalaka Gunawardene and Frederick Noronha with a Foreword by Sir Arthur C Clarke) was published in December 2007. It is a multi-author book that discusses how information, education and communication can help create disaster resilient communities across the Asia Pacific region, home to half of humanity.
This joint project was led by ACFID HRG members and AusAID and focused on assessing the capacity of the humanitarian supply chain in East Timor and Indonesia, with the aim to strengthen the supply chain capacity, improve the preparedness prior to, and efficiency and effectiveness during, international emergency response. The project examined a suite of supply chain options in coordination with local stakeholders.