Most read reports
- Humanitarian and Country Icons 2018
- The Global Compact on Refugees is a positive step toward a better refugee response
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- Países del Caribe y Centroamérica reciben apoyo para cobertura contra terremotos y riesgos climáticos
Why This Guide?
As the United Nations General Assembly today hosts a high-level event to debate the Millennium Development Goals, the Global Migration Group (GMG) calls for migration to be a key part of the post-2015 global UN development agenda. The GMG is the principal inter-agency mechanism on migration bringing together the heads of 15 United Nations agencies and the International Organization for Migration.
The Global Migration Group is concerned about the consequences of climate change for human migration and human development. While there is mounting evidence that climate change has the potential to contribute to substantial movements of people, the response of the international community has so far been limited at best.