Most read reports
- UNHCR appeals for urgent action as new Mediterranean mid-winter deaths reported
- Vital protection for refugee and migrant children making perilous sea journeys to Europe urgently needed
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Why Are so Many Humanitarian Crises Under-reported?
Why This Guide?
As the United Nations General Assembly today hosts a high-level event to debate the Millennium Development Goals, the Global Migration Group (GMG) calls for migration to be a key part of the post-2015 global UN development agenda. The GMG is the principal inter-agency mechanism on migration bringing together the heads of 15 United Nations agencies and the International Organization for Migration.
The Global Migration Group is concerned about the consequences of climate change for human migration and human development. While there is mounting evidence that climate change has the potential to contribute to substantial movements of people, the response of the international community has so far been limited at best.