Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- Climate change and poverty in Africa
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
The co-hosts of the Leader’s Summit on Refugees, the governments of Canada, Ethiopia, Germany, Jordan, Mexico, Sweden, and the United States, jointly declare their support for the following:
By Rand Dalgamouni
AMMAN - Jordan’s experience in mine clearance and removal of explosive remnants of war (ERW) will benefit Afghanistan in clearing mines and unexploded ordnance from its land, an Afghan de-mining expert said on Thursday.
“We will try to implement some of the techniques that Jordan is using in de-mining,” Deputy Chief Information Officer at the Mine Action Coordination Centre of Afghanistan Shamsullah Yousufzai told The Jordan Times.