Headlines (most recent)
- ICRC: UN and ICRC appeal for end to explosive weapons use in cities. 18 Sep 2019
- UN DESA: Increase in global number of international migrants continues to outpace growth of the world’s population. 17 Sep 2019
- Kindernothilfe: Water shortage exacerbates disaster risk; tropical islands top table. 17 Sep 2019
- IOM: IOM manual to help with mental health and psychosocial support in emergencies. 17 Sep 2019
- IOM: Detaining migrant children is not only wrong, but ineffective, says UN migration network. 16 Sep 2019
Most read reports
- ICRC: Explosive weapons in cities: Civilian devastation and suffering must stop. 18 Sep 2019
- Kindernothilfe: WorldRiskReport 2019 - Focus: Water Supply. 17 Sep 2019
- IOM: IOM Manual on Community-Based Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergencies and Displacement. 17 Sep 2019
- IEP: Global Peace Index 2019. 12 Jun 2019
- IOM: Child Immigration Detention is Not Only Wrong, It Is Ineffective. 16 Sep 2019
A new publication from a joint research by Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU) and the United Nation High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) says, children attempting the unaccompanied journeys abroad are exposed to varying levels of danger, harassment, and rights violations.
The study also found out that those violations occur both at the hands of smugglers, as well as in the custody of police authorities, when children are caught at transit points or destinations.