Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
Organizations responsible for the management of emergencies (including conventional emergencies) recognize that good preparedness in advance of any emergency can substantially improve the emergency response. One of the most important elements of emergency preparedness is the coordination of arrangements among the different bodies involved to ensure clear lines of responsibility and authority.