Most read reports
- Global push to stamp out hunger hinges on better data
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- Joint Communiqué by United Nations Secretary-General, African Union Commission Chairperson, European Commission President during Third Trilateral Meeting
- All you need to know in an emergency – in the palm of your hand
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
Organizations responsible for the management of emergencies (including conventional emergencies) recognize that good preparedness in advance of any emergency can substantially improve the emergency response. One of the most important elements of emergency preparedness is the coordination of arrangements among the different bodies involved to ensure clear lines of responsibility and authority.