Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
- FAO Early Warning Early Action report on food security and agriculture (January - March 2019)
By Sara Israfilbayova
The number of foreigners arriving in Azerbaijan increased by more than 10 percent.
Head of Azerbaijan’s State Migration Service Vusal Huseynov made the remarks at an event dedicated to the results of the Service’s activities in the first half of this year.
He noted that in the first six months of this year, 827,352 foreigners and stateless persons arrived in Azerbaijan.
“This shows a 10 percent increase in the number of foreigners in the country,” Huseynov said, adding that this figure was 747,107 people in the same period last year.
By Kamila Aliyeva
The three-day Central Asian International Environmental Forum titled “Initiative for Cooperation on Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development in Central Asia” has ended in Ashgabat city, Turkmenistan State News Agency reported.
The event was organized by the State Committee of Turkmenistan for Environmental Protection and Land Resources and the Regional Environmental Center for Central Asia (CAREC).
Scarcity of water resources is among the extremely difficult problems of the [Central Asian] region.