Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- Climate change and poverty in Africa
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
By Sara Israfilbayova
The number of foreigners arriving in Azerbaijan increased by more than 10 percent.
Head of Azerbaijan’s State Migration Service Vusal Huseynov made the remarks at an event dedicated to the results of the Service’s activities in the first half of this year.
He noted that in the first six months of this year, 827,352 foreigners and stateless persons arrived in Azerbaijan.
“This shows a 10 percent increase in the number of foreigners in the country,” Huseynov said, adding that this figure was 747,107 people in the same period last year.
By Kamila Aliyeva
The three-day Central Asian International Environmental Forum titled “Initiative for Cooperation on Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development in Central Asia” has ended in Ashgabat city, Turkmenistan State News Agency reported.
The event was organized by the State Committee of Turkmenistan for Environmental Protection and Land Resources and the Regional Environmental Center for Central Asia (CAREC).
Scarcity of water resources is among the extremely difficult problems of the [Central Asian] region.