Most read reports
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- Climate change and poverty in Africa
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
With climate change fuelling a dramatic escalation in the frequency and intensity of disasters, the United Nations and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies are calling on governments to significantly increase their commitment to disaster risk reduction.
This call came today at a meeting to which all member states of the United Nations were invited, where the International Federation, in partnership with the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UN/ISDR), laid out its strategic vision for increasing Red Cross Red Crescent efforts to …