Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- Aperçu du Financement Humanitaire en 2018 - Appels coordonnés par les Nations Unies
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
With climate change fuelling a dramatic escalation in the frequency and intensity of disasters, the United Nations and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies are calling on governments to significantly increase their commitment to disaster risk reduction.
This call came today at a meeting to which all member states of the United Nations were invited, where the International Federation, in partnership with the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UN/ISDR), laid out its strategic vision for increasing Red Cross Red Crescent efforts to …