Most read reports
- Vital protection for refugee and migrant children making perilous sea journeys to Europe urgently needed
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
Oxfam Ireland is entering formal discussions with GOAL on a potential merger that, if successful, will see the organisations coming together under the name Oxfam GOAL, to create a global development agency based in Ireland. The organisation’s work would cover humanitarian and development programmes, with evidence-based advocacy and campaigns.
Delivered by Winnie Byanyima, CEO of Oxfam, on behalf of Action Aid, ACF International, CARE International, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide, GOAL, Oxfam, Save the Children, World Vision International and the wider NGO community
The El Niño weather event is now over. The chances of an imminent La Niña have reduced.
It would be all too easy for the global community’s attention to switch to other crises.