Most read reports
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
Pretoria - South Africa will on Thursday 13 December 2007 pledge an amount of R1.8 million to the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) in New York as part of the annual CERF Pledging Conference.
The CEFF which became operational in March 2006 was created in response to the increasing number of natural onset disasters and complex humanitarian emergencies that has had a huge impact on the capability of the UN humanitarian response mechanism to act swiftly in order to alleviate human suffering and protect the victims.