Most read reports
- Humanitarian and Country Icons 2018
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- The Global Compact on Refugees is a positive step toward a better refugee response
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- GMDAC: Over 6,600 Migration Deaths Recorded in Africa Since 2013 ‘Just the Tip of the Iceberg’
September 5, 2017
In 2014, the United Nations estimated more than 78 million people in 22 countries who required aid from humanitarian crises. From those fleeing natural disasters and epidemics, to warfare and human trafficking, the UN expects the number of people in peril to rise to 128.6 million people in 33 countries in 2017.