Most read reports
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- Climate change and poverty in Africa
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
September 5, 2017
In 2014, the United Nations estimated more than 78 million people in 22 countries who required aid from humanitarian crises. From those fleeing natural disasters and epidemics, to warfare and human trafficking, the UN expects the number of people in peril to rise to 128.6 million people in 33 countries in 2017.