Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
- Las políticas sobre migración no deben limitarla, sino maximizar su potencial y minimizar sus aspectos negativos
- Working Together to End Child Marriage: How governments can end child marriage by accelerating coordinated action across education, health, protection and other sectors
Nana Adjoa Sifa Amponsah is a successful social entrepreneur and founder of Guzakuza, a Ghanaian organisation that supports women ‘agripreneurs’. She’s adamant that agriculture is not only about tilling the soil, but about all the stages of the process, from the farm to the table and includes processing, packaging, branding, marketing, transportation and distribution. Nana helps young women create businesses in rural areas that boost agriculture productivity and generate profits.
Leading agriculture and food security experts from Africa and Europe have come together to support efforts by African countries to sustain and accelerate the current pace of growth in order to achieve the goals set by the African Union of sharply reducing poverty and ending hunger within the next decade.