Most read reports
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
Over the past ten years, the world has
seen significant developments in what might at first glance seem unrelated
fronts: disarmament and human rights.
Two disarmament treaties have come into play - the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty (Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on Their Destruction), and the 2008 Convention on Cluster Munitions.
In between these treaties came the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which was adopted in 2006.