Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
- 3 ways to fix the way we fund humanitarian relief
Emergencies requiring mass evacuation differ greatly depending on geographic and demographic locations. Without the ability to create site specific evacuation plans, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has created NFPA 1616 to assist in the development and implementation of Mass Evacuation and Sheltering. This report will describe the best practices of municipalities and hazard related industries for evacuation and preparedness among all emergency responses and how to implement or modify plans depending on jurisdictional preference.