Most read reports
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- IDMC Mid-Year Figures: Internal Displacement in 2018
- Human Rights Council holds a general debate on human rights situations that require the Council's attention (18 September 2018)
• The June 2016 FSNWG update indicates that approximately 28 million people in the Horn of Africa region are severely food insecure (IPC Phase 3 Crisis and Phase 4 Emergency) in selected countries and are in need of urgent humanitarian assistance. The majority of them are in Ethiopia (10.2), South Sudan (4.8), DRC (4.5) and Sudan (4.4). Key areas of concern remain the northeastern parts of Ethiopia previously hit by drought, parts of Sudan, northern Somalia,
Djibouti, and Karamoja in Uganda.
• El Nino related rains has improved food and nutrition security in many parts of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, southern Ethiopia and south and central Somalia during the last season (Oct-Dec 2015).