Most read reports
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- WFP participation at Global Child Nutrition Forum event: The world’s largest conference on school feeding
- Global Child Nutrition Forum celebrates 20th edition in Tunisia
- World Polio Day celebrates history in the making
Fluid management in children with severe malnutrition and dehydration without shock
Children with severe acute malnutrition who present with some dehydration or severe dehydration but who are not shocked should be rehydrated slowly, either orally or by nasogastric tube, using oral rehydration solution ORS (5–10 mL/kg/h up to a maximum of 12 h).